Keeping it creepy always comes highly recommended – by me, anyway.
My love of horror and all things creepy probably took hold when I was a senior in high school, and read Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein for the first time. It’s hard to ignore the ties between horror movies and hard rock and heavy metal music too.
I’ve always loved Halloween since I was young too. I just love that Halloween allows you to be whatever you want to be. You can dress and act however you want for one amazing day of the year.
What amazes me is that finally, at 30 years old, I’ve embraced my naturally “creepy” look. You see, the dark hair and pale skin is natural for me. When I decided not to fight it anymore just because society “told me to,” I decided it was also time to let my love of metal and horror really show when it comes to my choices in fashion.
Exhibit A: A recent post from Instagram…
I don’t want to spread the good word of all things creepy exclusively on Instagram. I want to share it with you here too.
This is where I got my horror tees and extra spooktacular clothing items lately.
- Hot Topic: Yeah, I know. Don’t judge. They have badass selections of horror movie tees still, however. They’re size inclusive too. You can see my newest purchase from them in the above Instagram post.
- Rock Rebel Shop: You’ll not only find creepy t-shirts here… you’ll find creepy accessories too. I just found a new Munsters bag from them last week.
- Pretty Attitude: Specifically, the Black Label collection.
- Gothic Lamb: Black owned and super creepy!
- BlackCraft Cult Clothing: Think bats, skulls, and pentagrams.
Let your inner freak flag fly! If the horror scene suits you, check out these shops!